The Regular Kiowa County Commissioner's meeting was called to order at 9:00 am on August 14, 2018 by Chairman Richard Scott. Oswald opened the meeting with prayer and the pledge of Allegiance. Those in Attendance:
Richard Scott, Chairman
Cindy McLoud, Commissioner
Donald Oswald, Commissioner,
Delisa Weeks, County Clerk
Adamson, County Administrator
McLoud and Oswald seconded the motion to approve the minutes as presented, with two corrections added. All Commissioners voted Affirmative.
I can't believe it is fair week already. Hope everyone can come and enjoy the activities. We have been busy picking and digging our garden produce and getting it ready to show at the fair. Kyle and I have been doing some baking and making candy and I have also been busy making pickles, jelly and relish to show. Fun! Fun!
Last Thursday, Susan Greenfield and Jeanie Smith went to Holly to watch their girls play volleyball. Friday, they went to La Junta shopping and then back to Manzanola to watch the Eads football and volleyball teams play.
Virgil Laverne Drescher
January 3, 1952 - August 28, 2018
Virgil Laverne Drescher was born January 3, 1952, in Lamar, Colorado, at the St. Catherine Hospital to Theodore Wilbur Drescher and Annabelle Marie Drescher. He passed away suddenly August 28, 2018, in the Aurora Medical Trauma Hospital in Aurora, Colorado. Upon his death he successfully donated his corneas to the national eye bank.
Football game start times have changed for the September 7 Eads High School and Middle School match ups.
Both games are at home, with the middle school team taking the field at 5:00 p.m., while the high school game starts at 7:30 p.m.
Middle school volleyball varsity and junior varsity matches - also at home for the Kiowa County Fair week - begin at 3:00 p.m. High school varsity and junior varsity games begin at 5:00 p.m.
15 Years Ago
August 29, 2003
- Kiowa County received $1,000 for West Nile Protection.
- The Kiowa County Economic Development Foundation purchased nearly 800 acres of land south of Eads.
- Wild Horse Roundup-Curtis Schrimp: I'm not having much luck yelling at the Rockies lately as they don't seem to pay attention.
25 Years Ago
September 1, 1993
"He has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11
That verse reminds me of the song Sylvia (Blooding) Weeks used to sing. One year at a Veteran's Day program at school as she sang the song, "Everything Beautiful in His Time" while her classmates passed out those words they had copied to slim sheets of paper to the students in the Assembly. In those years we also had skits on the Viet Nam topic and concerns of teenagers.
This weekend there is a major patriotic parade and program in Lamar Saturday,
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
- COUNTY FOR CRP EMERGENCY GRAZING THROUGH SEPTEMBER 30th
- CRP Emergency hayed bales - removed from field by September 15th
- Apply for Livestock Forage Program - Call office for appointment.
- NAP COVERAGE DEADLINE- December 1st, native grass
- FARM LOAN Personnel in Kiowa County Service Center - Tuesday, September 11th- CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT