Let's Be Thankful
"Let's Be Thankful. Let's be happy. Let's enjoy what we got
Let's remember that God loves us not a little but a lot.
Let's look up to the sunshine. Let's have faith that the clouds will part. And appreciate God's blessings with an ever-grateful heart."
--Jean Kyler McManus
I would like to thank everyone who supported me during the election for Kiowa County Treasurer, as well as the numerous individuals who went above and beyond to help out as well.
Thank you to everyone who allowed me to put signs up on their property.
I'd also like to mention Jerry and Janet Frederick as well as Brandon and David Murdock who each shined and played such a huge role when I needed them the most.
Thank you Kiowa County, and congratulations to my opponent Diana, to whom I wish nothing but success.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- DECEMBER 11- FARM LOAN Personnel in Eads Service Center County Committee Meeting - TBA
- DECEMBER 1- NAP COVERAGE DEADLINE- NATIVE GRASS
- DECEMBER 31, 2018- DEADLINE to apply for 2018 (LFP) Livestock Forage Program - EXTENDED to JANUARY 15th, 2019
It's that time of year--Fall and Christmas Bazaar season!
The Weisbrod Hospital Auxiliary and its members throughout the years have one money-making project and it's their annual Fall Bazaar.
The money raised from the annual bazaar purchases many extra items to support the Hospital and Extended Care Unit residents.
Saturday evening, American Legion Post #125 held their annual supper to thank all Veterans for their service to our country.
Forty-four veterans, spouses and guests attended the supper from Eads, Sheridan Lake, Towner, Kit Carson, Cheyenne Wells and La Junta.
A FULL BELLY
"He who is full loathes honey, but to the hungry even what is bitter tastes sweet." Proverbs 27:7
15 Years Ago
November 7, 2003
- Construction of the new water tower north of Eads completed.
- Wild Horse Roundup-Curtis Schrimp: Seven head of turkeys were parading back and forth across the highway east of our house. With all the traffic, I don't see how they kept from being hit.
25 Years Ago
November 10, 1993